Friday, November 4, 2011

Tuesday was a good class in 511.  It was applicable and gave me much to think about.  I loved having the school librarians come in to talk about their experiences.  Getting to hear about real-life experiences made everything just so much more tangible and applicable to my life.  Granted, I’m a little biased because I am in the school media program, but I found them to be fascinating and really inspiring.  It was certainly a reminder that I am in the right field, and it made me excited to get out in the real world and get started.  This is an excitement that I’ve never felt about any other career-related path I’ve taken, so this is encouraging. 
I was also quite struck by the image of library work in Kenya.  One of my passions is the children of Africa, and so I think somehow incorporating that into my job as a librarian would be ideal.  I’m not sure how I would do that, but it is something to consider. 
I also really enjoyed going to NYLA.  It was my first conference-type event like that, and I was very impressed with how involved everyone was.  There was definitely an excitement about the air that was contagious and encouraging.  A whole hotel full of librarians who are willing to make things happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment